Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Pride of Man

I am trying to understand man's pride. The best place to start my research is from the bible. Here are some cross references regarding the pride of man.


Proverbs 11:2 When pride comes, then comes dishonor, But with the humble is wisdom.

Proverbs 15:33 The fear of the LORD is the instruction for wisdom, And before honor comes humility.

Proverbs 16:18 Pride goes before destruction, And a haughty spirit before stumbling.

Proverbs 18:12 Before destruction the heart of man is haughty, But humility goes before honor.

Proverbs 22:4 The reward of humility and the fear of the LORD Are riches, honor and life.

Isaiah 66:2 "For My hand made all these things, Thus all these things came into being," declares the LORD. "But to this one I will look, To him who is humble and contrite of spirit, and who trembles at My word.

Daniel 4:30 "The king reflected and said, 'Is this not Babylon the great, which I myself have built as a royal residence by the might of my power and for the glory of my majesty?'

Daniel 4:31 "While the word was in the king's mouth, a voice came from heaven, saying, 'King Nebuchadnezzar, to you it is declared: sovereignty has been removed from you,

Matthew 23:12 "Whoever exalts himself shall be humbled; and whoever humbles himself shall be exalted.

Luke 14:11 "For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."

Luke 18:14 "I tell you, this man went to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted."

James 4:6 But He gives a greater grace. Therefore it says, "GOD IS OPPOSED TO THE PROUD, BUT GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE."

James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the presence of the Lord, and He will exalt you. (NASB ©1995)

")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home